The Call for 2020 Entries Opens August 1!
All submissions must be received no later than 12PM Midnight (UTC -5) on November 15th, 2019.
All unsolicited submissions must be made through FilmFreeway in order to be eligible for consideration.
Submission Fees for 2020 Festival are as follows:
Student Films: Free - Certification of student status must be provided at time of submission
Short Films (Under 20 Minutes): $5.00
Micro Short Films (Under 5 Minutes): $1.00
Short Documentary (Under 40 Minutes): $5.00
Feature Films & Feature Documentary (40 Minutes and up): $10.00
Run Times are all-inclusive of title sequences & credits, etc...
This is an Irish film festival. Each submission must meet at least one of the following in order to be eligible for consideration:
- The filmmaker is Irish AND/OR
- The content is Irish in nature such as (but not limited to):
- The Irish people as a main theme, distinctly represented as being Irish. This could include politicians, historical people, legends, authors, entertainers, sport heroes, saints, scholars or local Irish people. OR
- An Irish place of notoriety as in a historic place, tourist attraction, or Irish place of great natural beauty or simply a place that distinctly represents the Irish land or seascape. OR
- Something that represents Irish music, language, dance, art, writings, mythology, literature, sports, history, food/beverages, singing or storytelling. OR
- A representation of Irish life experience including the immigrant/emigrant experience whether in Ireland or as part of the Irish diaspora.
Note: All decisions regarding submission eligibility are at the sole discretion of The Irish Film Fest.
Feature: Minimum 40 minutes
Documentary: Minimum 40 minutes
Short Fiction/Animation: Maximum 20 minutes
Short Documentary: Maximum 40 minutes
Short Short: Maximum 5 minutes
Student Short: Maximum 20 minutes
Run times are all-inclusive of title sequences & credits, etc…
We are instituting a project timing requirement for the 2020 festival. Projects must have been completed since January 1, 2017.
Projects may be filmed, produced or originate from anywhere in the world. The work however, must meet one or more of the Qualifying Criteria regardless of place of origin.
No premiere requirement for 2020 Festival. If you would like your film to be considered for a premiere at our festival please indicate as such in your submission.
Projects may have distribution agreements in place or underway.
If your film is selected for review by our judging panel, you will be contacted via e-mail by the selection committee by December 7th, 2019.
Official Selection laurels will be available upon request after December 7th, 2019.
Finalist Films for each category (except Student Films) will be announced on January 1st, 2020. All student films selected for screening at the festival will be announced on January 1st, 2020.
Upon Selection as an Official Selection, an official press kit is required (electronic, print ready preferred) for all films selected.
To qualify for selection, all non-English language films must have an English-subtitled screening copy available.
- Submissions will be accepted via Film Freeway
- A secure, online screener of the entire project is required for all submissions.
- Only professional quality work will be accepted.
- By submitting to The Irish Film Fest, you confirm that you own/hold the rights of the work submitted and agree to all terms and conditions as outlined here on the submittal site.
- The entrant further agrees that screen shots, press kit information and content and up to three (3) minutes of their film may be used by The Irish Film Fest in support of promotional activities up to and including screening of said clip(s) on television and on the festival’s website.
- The submission of your film is an acknowledgement and authorization permitting Claddagh na nGael or The Irish Film Fest (IFF) to utilize any film or video in part or in whole for the purpose of marketing this and/or future events. Your submission gives us the right to show and re-show your work for the purpose of promoting the IFF and Irish Culture. In ALL situations a full screening will always include your complete credits. If there is any doubt as to what this means kindly email email@example.com for clarification.
- The individual or corporation submitting hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film or video for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- The individual or corporation submitting shall indemnify and hold harmless The Irish Film Festival and/or Claddagh na nGael from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.